Thursday, February 13, 2014

Our vacation very late!

Well we planned this vacation about two months back.   We decided to go to Phoenix Az for a DoTerra conference.   Then mom wanted kids to see legoland which was only 5 hours from there.   I won't post many pictures. But a few here!

I'd decided to cancel after Shayde girls passing.   Just felt like the wrong time to go.  But mom and Bryan insisted on it.  So off we went.  Phoenix reminded me of some happy memories with Kali and shayde.  So I'm grateful for that!

So we went on a VERY limited budget! Brought food from home and drove.our rooms were hugely discounted due to season. Time and conference.

We left Wednesday morning at 8 am.  As we checked in got kids settled into bed.  We went to find our bag.... It was missing!!!   Bryan had forgotten our clothing bag at home lol!  So next day I registered and we ran to Walmart bought a few outfits each and a swimsuit.

Then spent afternoon with my friend Jen.   She made kids lunch her husband sent over dinner.   They were too sweet!   Then my other fried Jd(Jen) came spent the evening and night with us.   The next day I went to conference.  Bryan took kids to see the temple.   The conference was amazing!  Can't wait for Octobers conference!!!

We had to eat in hotel that morning I was in a rush can we say ouch!!  When the waitress and I were talking about my clothes she felt so bad her manager gave us a free breakfast for adults and kids for next day!  That night Jen sent omelets for dinner.  They were yummy!!

In the morning we packed up room and I took the twins to the restaurant.  That was fun and loved it was free!  We enjoyed everything and let the kids fill up on everything!  Pictures will come latter lol need to find them on the camera!

Next California!   We drove all day and were finally at hotel two.  We settled in watched movies and went to sleep.   After a late start we packed the car and headed for the main adventure legoland!!  The kids were screaming with excitement as we headed into the park and the hotel!  Well we loaded the stroller grabbed a few things (not the right ones). And headed to check in.  I was given our passes and kids got there own VIP badges and we went to the park!   (Our room wouldn't be ready tell 4.   Can I tell you it was HOT!   

We spent most the day just going from ride to ride but not really getting anywhere finally at four thirty we headed back to the hotel....  But we had one little problem.  While in the park dad forgot the sunscreen. By the time I talked him into buying some at 2pm.  I was FRIED!!!  

We got our keys and headed up to the newly opened 3rd floor mummy room!  By the way if you ever stay there beware of the elevator!!  You go into this brightly covered like 70s themed elevator lightly playing normal music.  Doors close then BAM!!!  Down comes a disco ball and blaring music!  I About have. Heart attack. The kids start dancing!!  Lol!

Our room was wonderful!  A treasure chest with toys Legos for kids and mini figures there own mummy bunk beds and thee own TV.  While we waited for them to get our luggage I headed to the tub!  I felt hot sticky and burned! 

Let me explain this door. It's a rolling door that shuts OVER the hole in the wall.  So while I was in the tub in comes topher with his "gotta pee".  Excuse.   Then a nock at the door that's our luggage.  So Bryan shut the door with us in there.  I had barely gotten in when topher came in.  Once the men left topher tries to get out and he can't it's stuck.   Literally Bryan's pushing with all his strength!!  So he asks me to pull so I get out dry off and start trying to help.  Well clutz me as I'm pulling it I slip hit my arm and hand on the metal pull handle and land on the other.   Ouch!!  So bryan sits on the floor and kicks the door as hard as he can to open it!  

So while I try to recover he takes kids out to eat.  I call up front desk. The send up maintains ace and first aid.  Also gave us free dinner. (That saved. LOT).  Then they wrap up my arm ice it and said to have the nurse look at it tomorrow.  So we get kids to sleep and I try to sleep on. Hurt hand and sunburned neck and back... Lol!  

Morning, well go get breakfast and head into our last day IN the park.  This time prepared we think.  As we are in the lobby management stops me has the nurse come wrap it and then gives me a pass to get into all the rides first.  But with as bad as I was feeling and sunburn.  We payed the 30$ for motorized buggy with a top!  It held all we needed and made walking fast with Bryan pushing the twins and me going fast!  We had a much funner time!  But by 430 we let the kids play in the splash park and then head to the room before the rush.  I LOVED how anything we bought was delivered to our room!  

When we got back bryan took kids to the pool and I went for a shower hoping to get relief from the burn!   Well they had said the door was fixed... But after my fast shower I got out dressed and went to open the door and nope it wouldn't open again!  I go to grab my phone and whoops left it on the bed. Panic sets in! So 45 min of freaking out and falling on a my arm again and screaming for help....  I got it open.  I grab a bag of ice and in my pjs head to the pool!  I was NOT going in there alone again!

I find the kids and bry tell him what happened.  He asks the lifeguard to call a manager.  Two min latter the main manager is out by the pool with us.  I tell him what happens and I'm already know by all as "the girl who got locked in the bathroom" by the staff.  He goes pale as I tell him.   Says that hell take care of everything.  Dinner and charges are on him.  He also brings up the maintenance and he got locked in there! So we got free dinner and he gave us another night in the room free!  So they did get it so we could not get locked in again. Also all food in the hotel was free!  So the next day we talked to the manager and he gave us tickets to the aquarium.   The kids loved it!!  After I needed to buy a few things in the park.  the eldest talked the manager into tickets back into the park and the same walk right onto the rides pass lol!  We had so much fun!

It was sad to leave after 3 days there. We still hadn't seen the ocean but we Had to get back for Bryan to start his new job the next day.  So I slept he drove.  It was an amazing vaca pictures will come latter. Sorry it was so long.  Oh the wrist ended up being broken. They sent us a free vacation to come back lol

No comments: