Friday, October 19, 2012

Kali's baptism day.

So Saturday arrived and my baby girl my precious little preemie girl got baptised!  She walked in and i wrapped her and her brother in a huge hug!  Also got pictures!   Here is Kali pre baptism all ready for her dunk in the watter.  I must tell you she was afraid her dad wouldn't do it right and she'd have to go under 20 times lol. 


Us before it started.


 Kaleb wouldn't let go of my hand he was loving the attention!  He clung to me the whole time.  It was nice to snuggle up with my little guy who i hadn't seen in a few weeks.  And they were all good for pictures i was amazed!

 Kali did SO well during her baptism there were 4 children getting baptised so we had to go in the chapel to start.  Then go off ward by ward.  Her ward was last.  There were two children from her ward.  One boy one girl. She went second and i was able to sit in the front row with Rachel's sister to see her up and close as she went under.  I'd never felt prouder of her.
 Tried getting pics with Kaleb he was 2 excited to stand still!
Here we go he was able to be good for a minute and let go of my hand!  It's been a long time since he was that cuddly and cute!

As you can tell he wanted to watch mommy not the camera.  Kali's dress was handmade by Rachel's (Josh's wife) mom.  It was beautiful but a BIT on the bit side.  Hopefully she gets enough use out of it before she grows to big!
I was blessed to have my sister Tomi come to the baptism with us!  It was such an amazing moment when i turned and saw her come in the chapel!  We didnt' think anyone would be there because for one it was in West Point.  For another my mom was really ill and Tomi had a sick child at home.  But she took time out of her busy schedule to be there for us.  It made me cry and be appreciative for the family i have!
Me and Kali.  amazed no Kaleb i was!  I can't believe it's been 8 short years since i held that tiny 4lb baby in my arms and brought her home.  Scared to death of how to take care of her!  Lucky my mil was there to help.  She would start the night time and bring her in at 4 for us to take over.  She spent two weeks helping me learn how to take care of a baby (let alone a preemie).  Also getting her shots for RSV which she ended up getting at 1!   After we'd moved back to Utah.  This little girl is a miracle by all accounts.  As i thanked the bishop i remembered then Dr asking me 3 times to abort her so I would live.  I laughed at him.  And here is the miracle because i had faith god would get me thru.  He has a plan for my family and children and I'm thankful i listened to the holy spirit!
At the end they left but Kaleb forgot his apple so i stopped by his house gave him his apple and drove home.  It was sad ending the day so early.  BUT i am so grateful for the time i had with my babies!  I didn't get alot of time with Kali she was by her dad in the front.  But i got extra special time with Kaleb and the three others.   Hope you all have a great October!

Thomas family

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what a special day-glad you got to spend some time with your kiddos and congrats to Kali! WHat a beautiful little girl.